Sustainability in action
As a family business, we are very close to all processes and do not approach the topic of sustainability from a marketing point of view but use the possibilities to create positive effects for our environment, our employees and ourselves. We don't like green-washing but like to explain what moves us and how we realise it.
Office & Co
- We only use green electricity, both ourselves in the office and our partners (e.g. server hosting).
- Bright, light-flooded rooms with LED lighting throughout. Together with presence detectors, this saves energy when no one is in the room.
- Modern office building with good insulation avoids energy loss. In addition, intelligent ventilation or shading for further energy reduction.
- Strong digitalisation of all processes, e.g. sending invoices automatically by email, thus no unnecessary paper consumption.
- Charging stations for our employees to recharge free of charge. Active support for e-mobility.
- Since august 2023: Photovoltaic system with battery storage, for the most independent power supply possible. Usage is highest during the day at working hours, when the highest electricity production also takes place. We are 98% self-sufficient in solar power.
- We are constantly optimising our shipping processes, e.g. by making greater use of recycled cartons.
- Waste reduction through our own cardboard shredder: used cardboard boxes are returned to the cycle as padding material. This results in additional savings on plastic air cushions.
- Processing of returns as a discounted second choice or supply to suitable organisations, e.g. donation of seat cushions for kindergarten groups.
- No use of questionable substances, e.g. biocides for anti-mosquito products (keyword "bee mortality").
- Despite reliable partners, our products are also regularly tested for harmful substances by independent German laboratories - always without findings.
- Careful use of resources, wood as raw material (e.g. incense holders) from sustainable sources.
For the future
- Acquisition of suitable land for the creation and maintenance of flowering areas, flowering meadows and bee pastures.