Sustainability in action
As a family business, we are very close to all processes and do not approach the topic of sustainability from a marketing point of view but use the possibilities to create positive effects for our environment, our employees and ourselves. We don't like green-washing but like to explain what moves us and how we realise it.
Office & Co
- We only use green electricity, both ourselves in the office and our partners (e.g. server hosting).
- Bright, light-flooded rooms with LED lighting throughout. Together with presence detectors, this saves energy when no one is in the room.
- Modern office building with good insulation avoids energy loss. In addition, intelligent ventilation or shading for further energy reduction.
- Strong digitalisation of all processes, e.g. sending invoices automatically by email, thus no unnecessary paper consumption.
- We are constantly optimising our shipping processes, e.g. by making greater use of recycled cartons.
- Waste reduction through our own cardboard shredder: used cardboard boxes are returned to the cycle as padding material. This results in additional savings on plastic air cushions.
- Processing of returns as a discounted second choice or supply to suitable organisations, e.g. donation of seat cushions for kindergarten groups.
- No use of questionable substances, e.g. biocides for anti-mosquito products (keyword "bee mortality").
- Despite reliable partners, our products are also regularly tested for harmful substances by independent German laboratories - always without findings.
- Careful use of resources, wood as raw material (e.g. incense holders) from sustainable sources.
For the future
- Photovoltaic system with battery storage, for the most independent power supply possible. Usage is highest during the day at working hours, when the highest electricity production also takes place.
- Charging stations for our employees to recharge free of charge. Active support for e-mobility.
- Acquisition of suitable land for the creation and maintenance of flowering areas, flowering meadows and bee pastures.